2020 Derby Do-Gooder Scholarship Application
The Derby Do-Gooder Scholarship will be presented to a local high school student in Redmond who has volunteered at non-profit organizations and completes a 500 word essay detailing the impact of community service on their life. The award recipient will receive a $1500 scholarship sponsored by Waste Management and will be honored at 2020 Virtual Derby Days.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and a Redmond resident
- High school senior
- Be in good academic standing; minimum of 3.0 cumulative grade point average at his/her high school
- Relatives of the selection committee are ineligible to receive the award.
A completed application will include:
- Application form
- 500 word essay
- School transcript
- Two recommendations from Redmond community members
- Please submit a 500 word essay explaining how community service (volunteering) has impacted your life. Give specific examples surrounding your volunteer work.
- Completed applications are due by June 30, 2020 at 5:00 PM.
- Recipient will be notified by July 3, 2020
- Incomplete and late applications will not be considered
Visit the link above to learn more & register!