6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
15990 NE 85th Street
Redmond, WA 98052
Presented by D’Anna Edison, MS, GMHS, LMHCA, CMC,
Certified Care Manager with Aging Wisdom, The experts in aging well™.
Countless surveys of older adults report their desire to stay in their homes.
But what happens when aging-in-place becomes isolating and unhealthy, hazardous even? How do we have conversations with our proud, independent,
at times resistant aging parents or other loved one (spouse, partner, in-law, friend) who could benefit from a move?
In this presentation, D’Anna Edison, a certified Care Manager with Aging Wisdom, will talk about the twists and turns of “the dance” that adult children often find
themselves performing when navigating these difficult but necessary conversations.
What you will learn:
• The signs that your older loved one may need help
• Setting goals for success
• How to start the conversation
• Understanding the process: exercising patience and persistence
• It takes a village: enlisting the support of others (family, friends, housing and healthcare professionals)