WEB SITE PURPOSE, POLICIES & PRIVACY STATEMENT
The purpose of this web site is to provide the public with access to information about the City of Redmond’s programs and services. In order to provide the user with information about commercial, cultural, educational, and recreational activities in the community, this web site contains links to other web sites that are not owned, regularly reviewed, or controlled by the City of Redmond. The City takes no responsibility for the accuracy and content of any of the linked sites.
The provisions of linked sites should not be construed as an endorsement or sponsorship of these external web sites, their content, or their hosts.
The City specifically disavows legal responsibility for what a user may find on another site, or for the personal opinions of individuals posted on any site, whether or not operated by the City. The views and opinions of the authors of documents published on or linked to the City’s web site do not necessarily state or reflect the opinion, policy, or position of the City.
The City of Redmond has made every effort to insure the accuracy of the information provided on its web site. However, neither the City, nor any department, officer, or employee of the City, or any contracted vendor, warrants the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information published by this system, nor endorses any content, viewpoints, products, or services linked from this system, and shall not be held liable for any losses caused by reliance on the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of such information. Portions of such information may be incorrect or not current. Any person or entity that relies on any information obtained from this system does so at his/her own risk. Please contact the City of Redmond at 425-556-2441, to verify the accuracy of the data.
This statement addresses collection, use, security of, and access to information that may be obtained through use of www.experienceredmond.com. This notice covers the following topics:
- Information collected and how it is used
- Nondisclosure of Certain (Personal/Private) Information
- Review and Correction of Personally Identifiable Information
- Contact information
- Information collected and how it is used
When you visit our website and browse, read pages, or download information, we gather certain information about your visit:
- The Internet Protocol (IP) Address and domain name used
- The type of browser and operating system you used
- The date and time you visited this site
- The web pages or services you accessed at this site
- The website you visited prior to coming to this web site
This information is analyzed to determine how our website is being used so that we may continually improve the site’s usefulness.
We will only collect personal information about you if you voluntarily provide it to us. The personal information you volunteer is limited to what is required to assist you in your requests for more information.
If, during your visit to our web site, you participate in a survey, send an email, opt in, or perform some other transaction online, the following additional information will be collected:
- Information volunteered
- The email address, and contents of the email, for those who communicate via email
- Information volunteered through an online form or transaction for any other purpose
We collect and retain personal information for the following purposes:
- To process your requests for services, or further information
- To communicate with you regarding services that you have requested
- To identify you if you have a question or concern about the service or product that you have requested
- To enhance website services and any business function processing
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements
NONDISCLOSURE OF CERTAIN PERSONAL INFORMATION
The City of Redmond is the sole owner of the information collected on its site. We do not use or retain personal information that you provide to us for any secondary purposes unless we clearly notify you and ask your permission first. We will not sell, share, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to any organization or individual outside the City of Redmond unless we first notify you and ask your permission. The exceptions to this policy of non-disclosure are stated below.
The City may disclose your personal information:
- To companies contracted to process your requests
- For law enforcement purposes
- In compliance with the State of Washington Public Records Disclosure Act. Under this act, we are required to release any documents we have, to any person requesting them, within five business days, unless the act specifically exempts the information from disclosure.
The City of Redmond, its contracted vendors, developers and managers of www.experienceredmond.com, has taken several steps to safeguard the integrity of its data and prevent unauthorized access to information. These measures are designed and intended to prevent corruption of data, block unknown or unauthorized access to our systems and information, and to provide reasonable protection of private information in our possession.